Growing up, cookies were the kind of the snack world. Nothing was better than coming home from school and biting into a fresh baked cookie. One cookie that everyone needs to have on hand is the Peanut Butter Cookie! With just 4 main ingredients it’s the perfect one bowl, one spoon cookie. In less than 10 minutes you could be sitting in front of the oven waiting for these perfectly crunchy cookies, to make their way into your mouth.
Yield: 24 Cookies
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
226g / 1 cup Peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
113g / ½ cup Mirage margarine
400g / 2 cups Granulated sugar
60g / ½ cup Candy Coated Peanuts, crushed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, Mirage margarine, and sugar. Using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, begin creaming the ingredients together, for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the egg, and the crushed nuts, if you’re using them. Begin mixing just until the mixture is even and smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl in between mixing to ensure you’re getting everything mixed together.
- On a baking sheet, lined with parchment, begin dropping spoonfuls of cookie dough, about the size of a ping pong ball. Gently press down with a fork and pop the tray into the oven.
- Allow the cookies to bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the surface no longer looks wet and the edges are nice and golden.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to rest for at least 20 minutes. As these cookies contain a fair amount of sugar, a hot cookie could really hurt.
- To store the cookies, wait until they’re cool and transfer them to an airtight container, and keep them for up to a week. The cookies will start to go softer as they are stored, so if you like them crispy just pop them back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a good quality peanut butter for these perfect little morsels. It makes a difference in terms of texture and flavour. Look for a peanut butter that has peanuts as the first ingredient.