There is no need to preheat the oven; these quick & easy kid-friendly Honey Mug Cakes are made in the microwave for whenever the dessert cravings hit! Honey, not sugar, adds the perfect sweetness to these cup-sized cakes.
These remarkable Honey Mug Cakes, topped with a simple and sweet honey icing, are perfectly moist, easy to prepare, and leave no mess in the kitchen. The natural sweetness of honey, enhances the flavour of these cup-sized cakes, making it the ideal recipe for satisfying those late-night sweet tooth cravings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp (105 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mirage Margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mirage Margarine at room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) liquid honey
Honey Mug Cake Direction
- Mug Cakes: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small microwave, take a safe bowl, add margarine and microwave it on HIGH for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. Stir into the egg mixture then Stir the mixture into the flour mixture until a batter forms.
- Divide batter evenly among 4 mugs. Microwave one mug on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until the batter is puffed and lightly golden and a tester comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Repeat with remaining mugs. Let cool slightly.
- Icing: In a small bowl, stir together margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Spoon evenly onto cakes. Drizzle honey evenly over each mug cake before serving.
Let kids mix and match additional garnishes to the Honey Mug Cake. Sprinkle with toasted sweetened shredded coconut, colourful sprinkles or chocolate chips for added texture, flavour and fun!