This pecan bundt cake is packed with a warm blend of cinnamon and nutmeg spices. It’s the perfect treat to bake and share with your loved ones this holiday season. The moist and tender vanilla cake base is first dotted with caramelized pecan, and then topping with a sweet vanilla-cinnamon glaze. Not only does this bundt cake taste exquisite, it also doubles as a festive centrepiece for your holiday gatherings.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes (+ 1 hour standing time)
Serves: 8 to 12
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Mirage Margarine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pecans
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup + 1/2 tsp (252 mL) Mirage Margarine
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) confectioners’ (icing) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mirage Margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
1. To start, preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Into small skillet set over medium heat, add brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine and 1 tsp (5 mL) water; stirring, bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown sugar has dissolved. Next, stir in pecans and salt. Transfer pecan mixture to parchment paper–lined baking sheet and spread in even layer.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until pecans are toasted, golden brown and caramelized. Increase heat to 350ºF (180ºC). Let pecans cool completely and chop.
4. Grease 9-inch (23 cm) Bundt pan with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) margarine.
5. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
6. In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat together remaining 1 cup (250 mL) margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. One at a time, beat in eggs until well incorporated. Beat in vanilla.
7. With mixer on low speed and scraping down sides of bowl as needed between additions, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and sour cream in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture. Next, fold in toasted pecans before scraping batter into prepared pan. Finally, the smooth top of the cake batter.
8. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes on wire rack before inverting onto serving dish to cool completely.
9. In medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, margarine, 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot water, vanilla and cinnamon until blended and smooth.
10. Finally, drizzle cake with glaze and sprinkle with candied pecans. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until glaze is set.
Not a fan of pecans, but still want to keep this delicious bundt cake’s nutty crunch? Substitute them with walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts.