White chocolate and strawberries are a match made in heaven, but it’s the crunchy streusel topping that makes these muffins irresistible.
100 g / ½ cup Mirage margarine, cold
100 ml / ½ cup Light brown sugar
2 Eggs, large
250 ml / 2 cups All-purpose flour
7 ml / 1½ tsp Baking powder
2 ml / 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
50 ml / ¼ cup Vanilla yogurt
150 ml / ½ cup Strawberries, tops removed and sliced
50 g / ¼ cup White chocolate
1 Recipe Streusel Topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, white chocolate, and strawberries.
- In a second bowl, cream together the Mirage Margarine and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Add the vanilla yogurt. Continue mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a rubber spatula. Be careful not to overmix the dough, as doing so will result in a tough, chewy muffin.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners. Fill each ¾ of the way full with batter. Top each muffin generously with bite-sized pieces of the streusel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the tray part way through baking, until the streusel and muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs and melted chocolate.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a resting rack to cool slightly. Enjoy these while they’re still warm.
- This is a basic muffin recipe. Make them your own by using your favourite fruit, chocolate and spices.