Makes: 24 brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- 320g / 1½ cups milk chocolate, cut into pieces, or chocolate chips
- 225g / 1 cup Mirage margarine, room temperature
- 3g / 1 tsp instant coffee
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 130g / ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 320g / 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 10ml / 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5g / 1 tsp salt
- 175g / 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 15g / 2 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 15g / 2 tsp cornstarch
- 60g / 1 cup mini pretzels, lightly broken
- 80g / 1 cup caramel chips
- 2g / 2 tsp large flake sea salt, such as Maldon
1. Preheat the oven to 325F(160C).
2. Coat the inside of an 8 inch square pan with Mirage margarine. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment.
3. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the chocolate, Mirage margarine and instant coffee. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir this bowl occasionally while you prepare the other half to the recipe. Once the chocolate and Mirage margarine are completely melted, keep this mixture warm.
8. Fold in the pretzels and caramel chips into the batter.
9. Pour the dough into the prepared pan, sprinkle the top with the sea salt and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes until there is a firm, slight jiggle in the center and the edges are just starting to crack.
11. Slice and enjoy.
- When you’re ready to slice the brownies, be sure to remove the parchment paper before you start cutting. You don’t want bits of paper in the food.