You don’t have to be near a campfire to enjoy the deliciousness of s’mores! This loaf cake makes a delicious lunch or picnic snack. Dress it up at dinner time by serving it warm with a side of your favourite ice cream.
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Cake Batter
- 120 gm / 1½ cups Mini marshmallows
- 200 gm / 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 115 gm / 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°F(160°C).
2. Coat the inside of a 8 ¾ inch by 4 ¼ inch loaf pan with Mirage Margarine. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment.
3. Prepare the Vanilla Cake batter as directed, stopping at the point before dividing the batter into pans.
4. Into the batter, with a rubber spatula, mix the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan until it is 2cm from the top, and give the pan one or two taps on the edge of the counter to remove any unwanted large air bubbles. Any excess batter can be baked as cupcakes, or mini cakes.
6. Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven with an empty baking sheet on the rack immediately below the pan. This will allow for more even heat distribution and baking of the cake.
7. Bake the cake until it springs back lightly when pressed in the center, or a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 45-50 minutes.
8. Cool the cake in the pans for a few minutes, then turn it out on to a resting rack to cool completely.
- The marshmallows will rise to the top of this cake giving it a sticky toffee-like consistency.