Makes: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55-70 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Mirage margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus a little more to flour the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of your favourite chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 8 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with Mirage margarine, then dust thoroughly with flour. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar and bananas with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs and margarine and mix well.
4. Take half of the batter and put in a separate medium-sized bowl. Combine with 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread and mix well. If your spread is too stiff, soften in the microwave for 10 seconds or until it loosens.
7. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Try to find ripe bananas. If you can’t, put bananas in a paper bag with an apple or tomato to speed up the ripening process.
- Do not whip the batter, or the banana bread will be dry. Keep your mixer at a moderate speed.