Makes: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 navel orange
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Mirage margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds<
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Place muffin liners in a standard muffin tin.
2. Zest navel orange. Set aside.
3. Strain syrup from mandarin oranges. Chop into rough pieces.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the muffins with turbinado sugar to add some extra crunch.
- Add a few drops of sesame oil to the wet ingredients for added flavour. Don’t add too much, as sesame oil is very strong.