The first thing you’ll notice about these oh-so-tempting cookies is the amazing aroma. Once you stop sniffing them and take a bite, you won’t believe the amazing flavours waiting inside – the blend of warm spices is a welcome break from your usual sugary cookies. We promise, this will be your go-to recipe every winter!
Yield: 28 pcs
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 250 g / 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 g / 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 g / 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 170 g / 3/4 cup Mirage margarine
- 200 g / 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 g / 1 tbsp orange zest
- 10 ml / 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice until thoroughly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the Mirage margarine and sugar until creamy; about 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg, orange zest and vanilla extract. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Add in half of the dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Add in the remaining dry ingredients; do not overmix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge; at least 30 minutes.
- With a small ice cream scoop, portion dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Alternatively drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly press down the rounded tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden in colour. Cool slightly on pans; 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookies and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- For a more pronounced orange flavour, substitute 1 teaspoon (5 ml) orange extract for the vanilla extract.
- You may substitute the orange zest with lemon zest, if desired.
- Dough can be made a few days in advance, wrapped well in plastic wrap and placed into the fridge.