Try something different and delicious with Mirage! Featuring a fresh-tasting marinade, this recipe for Vietnamese-Inspired Pork Shoulder is perfect for dinner tonight. Served over noodles or rice, you’ll also love the boost of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D you’ll get when you bring Mirage into the kitchen. Make every meal special with Mirage!
Cook Time: 4 1/2 to 5 hours
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
For the Marinade
- 2 large limes, zested and juiced
- 72 g / 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 57 g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine, melted
- 42 g / 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 36 g / 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 35 g / 2 6 in (15 cm) stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 34 g / 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 28 g / 1/2 large jalapeño, sliced
- 20 g / 4 large garlic cloves
- 18 g / 1/2 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1 g / 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp soy sauce
For the Pork Shoulder
- 2.5 – 2.75 kg / 5 1/2 – 6 lb boneless pork shoulder, skin on
- 2 cup water
- 1 large carrot, chopped (optional)
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
1. Pat the pork dry using paper towels.
2. Score the skin of the pork in a 1 1/2 inch (4 centimetre) crosshatch pattern with a sharp knife. Take care not to cut all the way through the fat.
8. Once pork reaches the correct temperature, turn the broiler on high. Broil, watching carefully, until skin is crispy and dark golden brown; about 5 to 7 minutes.
- For easy clean up, use an extra large plastic freezer bag to marinate the pork shoulder.
- Add extra jalapeño or a couple of bird’s eye chillies for an extra spicy marinade.