Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 28 g / 2 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 inch / 2.5 cm piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 10 g / 2 tsp minced garlic
- 18 g / 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 18 g / 1 tbsp ground chili powder
- 5 g / ¾ tsp salt
- 1 g / ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 480 g / 3 cups seeded and chopped very ripe tomatoes
- 1250 ml / 5 cups vegetable broth
- 550 g / 4 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes
- 125 ml/ ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 g / 2 tsp lime zest
- 10 g / ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 30 g / ¼ cup chopped and toasted peanuts
- Cooked rice (optional)
1. Heat Mirage margarine in a large pot over medium-high heat, stir in onion and cook until softened; about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeño, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper, and cook stirring for one minute.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes have started to break down. Add broth and sweet potatoes to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- You can use 1 (796 ml / 28 oz) can of drained diced tomatoes in place of fresh tomatoes
- Toast peanuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Remove from pan immediately so that they do not continue to toast.