St Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to green-ify your cupcakes!
- 454 g / 2 cups Mirage Margarine, room temperature
- 1 kg / 4 cups Icing sugar, sifted
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp 35% cream
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Irish Cream liqueur
- Green Food Colouring
- 1 batch of
- In a large bowl, cream the Mirage Margarine on high speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until smooth and ﬂuffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times with a rubber spatula.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix on low speed until the extract is just combined with the margarine.
- Add 1 cup of the icing sugar to the creamed margarine, and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Continue adding the icing sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Once all of the icing sugar is incorporated, add the green food colouring to the desired shade and the Irish Cream liqueur, and mix the frosting on high speed for 5 minutes. Taste the icing: you should no longer feel the texture of the sugar on your tongue. If you can still feel the grains of sugar, continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the 35% cream and mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Now you’re ready to decorate – and lick the spatula!