This sweet dough has a consistency and flavour similar to that of a shortbread cookie. Also known as pâte sablée, it is especially well-suited to fillings that tend to leak through flaky pie crusts.
227 g / ½ cup Mirage® Margarine, room temperature
120 g / 1 cup Icing sugar
250 g / 2 cup All-purpose flour
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Mirage® Margarine, flour, and icing sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. Press into a disc approximately 2 cm thick.
- Wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes prior to rolling.
- This dough is ideal for shallow tarts and individual tarts made in a muffin tin.
- Avoid over-handling the dough and keep it well chilled.
- If the dough is too challenging to work with, place it back in the refrigerator to let it firm up.