Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr and 10 minutes
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 6 medium beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 g / 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 g / 1 tsp paprika
- 4 g / 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 g / 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 g / 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 960 ml / 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup water
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 43 g / 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
For Garnish (Optional):
- yogurt or sour cream
- mint and/or coriander
- sliced almonds
1. In a large pot, melt Mirage margarine over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft; 5 minutes. Add beets and cook for 3 minutes. Add apples and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
4. Add almonds and vinegar.
5. Blend with a hand-held blender until smooth or until desired consistency.
6. Garnish with yogurt or sour cream. Add chopped mint and/or coriander leaves. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
- If you do not have a hand-held immersion blender, cool the soup and puree in a blender.
- If you’re a cheese lover, garnish with a handful of crumbled feta or goat cheese.