Who can resist the beautiful colours and the enticing aroma of roasted vegetables? Roasting softens and sweetens the flavours of the brussels sprouts and radishes, so that even your fussiest eaters will happily gobble up their share! There’s nutrients and good taste aplenty in this amazing medley.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time:15 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 454 g / 1 lb trimmed and halved brussels sprouts
- 454 g / 1 lb trimmed radishes
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup melted Mirage margarine
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp honey
- 3 g / ¾ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 g / ½ tsp salt
- 30 g / ½ cup dried cranberries
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 20 g / ¼ cup grated parmesan (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place brussels sprouts and radishes in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together melted Mirage margarine, honey, pepper, and salt. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Spread in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
4. Place in preheated oven and roast, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender. Remove from oven and stir in cranberries. Place back in oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving platter, drizzle with balsamic reduction and sprinkle with grated parmesan if using.
- Balsamic reduction is balsamic vinegar that has been reduced down to a sweet thick syrup and can be found in most grocery stores in the vinegar section.