Pink lemonade adds a hint of tartness to the cake and cuts down on the sweetness factor. The crumbly crust paired with the velvety ice cream and rose pink colour is divine, and also adorable.
Makes: 9 portions
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Rest Time: 6.5 hours
- 330 g / 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Mirage margarine, melted
- 66 g / 1/3 cup sugar
- 225 ml / 1 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, defrosted but kept cool in the fridge
- 900 ml / 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted Mirage margarine and sugar until mixture adheres to itself. If it’s still too crumbly, add a tablespoon more of melted margarine.
- Press crumb mixture into a parchment lined square cake pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix softened ice cream with concentrated lemonade. Transfer ice cream mixture atop crust and smooth the top. Freeze firm for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can keep the pie in the freezer for up to a week.
- Serve with whipped cream and sliced strawberries if desired.