This ham is both sweet and smooth, thanks to the pineapple and bourbon glaze. Switch up your usual ham and we guarantee your family with request this recipe year after year.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 12 servings
- 3kg / 6 1/2 lb fully cooked, bone-in, spiral sliced ham
- 540 ml / 1 can sliced pineapple rings, drained (reserve juice, you will have about 1 cup)
- 271 g / 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed (divided)
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup water
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 g / 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 g / 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 g / 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 g / 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine, melted (divided)
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp bourbon
- 15 g / 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 300℉ (150℃). Place ham skin side up in a large roasting pan and tie with kitchen string to hold together slices, if necessary.
- Whisk together in a bowl the reserved pineapple juice, 1/2 cup (108 grams) brown sugar, water, vinegar, mustard powder, ginger, cloves and pepper; pour mixture over ham.
- Cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil and roast in oven for 1 hour 45 minutes, basting ham with the pan juices every half hour.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup (108 grams) of brown sugar, bourbon, mustard and 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of Mirage margarine.
- After ham has cooked for 1 1/2 hours, remove from oven and increase heat to 400℉ (190℃). Brush 1/2 of the brown sugar bourbon mixture over the ham and return to oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Brush second half of the glaze on ham and bake for another ten minutes. Glaze should shiny and bubbling. Remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest while preparing the pineapple slices.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of Mirage margarine in a medium frying pan. Sprinkle margarine with 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of brown sugar and add 6 of the pineapple slices. Cook for 3 minutes or until dark golden brown. Sprinkle over the remaining one tablespoon (14 grams) of sugar and flip slices over to cook other side. Repeat with remaining 6 slices.
- Slice ham and serve with caramelized pineapple slices on the side.
- If you would prefer to omit the bourbon, orange or apple juice makes a great substitute!