Makes: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 plus 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plus 5 tbsp Mirage margarine, divided
- 226g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F (200C). Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
6. Meanwhile, put together frosting by mixing together the five tablespoons of margarine, cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and ground cinnamon with a rubber spatula until smooth. If using an electric mixer, keep on low speed.
- Try piping on the cream cheese frosting with a piping tip for a more polished look. We used a 1 centimeter circular piping tip.