There’s no better way to get the party started than with a plate of jalapeño poppers. Always a crowd pleaser, these bite sized flavour bombs are loaded with spicy and cheesy goodness.
Makes: 20 jalapeño poppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- 550 g / 2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup prepared salsa or chunky tomato sauce
- 100 g / 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, halved
- 70g / 1/3 cup Mirage margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake the bacon on a parchment-lined tray for 15-20 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more. The bacon should be cooked, but not crispy. Cool bacon.
- Slice the jalapeños diagonally and remove all of the seeds.
- Mix together the cream cheese, salsa, cheddar, and margarine in a small bowl. Using a knife or spoon, fill the jalapeño halves with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeño half in one piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking tray lined with fresh parchment. Transfer to 350°F (180°C) oven and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking.
- Allow poppers to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you would like to make this spicier, add your favourite hot sauce at Step 4.