Makes: 20 jalapeño poppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- 550 g / 2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup prepared salsa or chunky tomato sauce
- 100 g / 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, halved
- 70g / 1/3 cup Mirage margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Bake the bacon on a parchment-lined tray for 15-20 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 minutes more. The bacon should be cooked, but not crispy. Cool bacon.
5. Wrap each jalapeño half in one piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking tray lined with fresh parchment. Transfer to 350°F (180°C) oven and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking.
- If you would like to make this spicier, add your favourite hot sauce at Step 4.