Portobello mushrooms are packed with flavour and have a great texture. They’re the perfect side dish to any meal, plus they’re ready in under 10 minutes!
Yield: 4 side servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 2 medium portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 180 g / 3 cups baby button mushrooms
- 56 g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ml / 2 tsp lemon juice or dry white wine
- 5 g / 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 g / 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 4 g / 2 tsp chopped chives or flat-leaf parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (220°C).
- In a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat melt Mirage margarine. When Mirage margarine starts to bubble add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until moisture has evaporated and the edges start to caramelize.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice or white wine, thyme, and dijon mustard. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet into the pre-heated oven and roast mushrooms for about 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Take pan out of the oven, and sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley. Serve immediately.
- To ensure good caramelization make sure mushrooms are dry before adding them to the pan and that the pan is not overcrowded. If you do not have a large skillet sautée the mushrooms in two batches and combine for roasting.