Has your family been looking for a way to give their scones, muffins or toast an extra boost of flavour? Cure the morning blues with this amazing Orange Cranberry Spread. It’s easy to put together, and is a super simple way to add even more flavour to every one of your homemade baked goods.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 227 g / 1 cup Mirage margarine
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 90 g / 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 6 g /1 tbsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 g / 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 g / 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the Mirage margarine, orange juice and pure maple syrup until well blended.
- Sprinkle in the cranberries, orange zest, ground cloves, cinnamon and the black pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the Mirage margarine.
- Transfer the orange-cranberry spread into a decorative dish. Garnish with cranberries and/or orange zest. Serve immediately. If making ahead or gifting, place spread into an airtight container (like mason jars) and store in the fridge.
- Lemon zest and juice may be substituted for the orange.
- Omit spices if desired.
- Honey can be used successfully in place of the maple syrup.
- Use the spread to give scones, muffins, or even toast an extra boost of flavour.