Here’s a fun new twist on mashed potatoes you can make in your muffin pan. They look like little muffins, but they taste like a mound of seasoned, cheesy potatoes. They’re perfect for topping with sour cream, or for soaking up your favourite gravy, and they’re sure to be a hit, especially with the kids.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 24 bites
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine, divided
- 2 cloves / 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 775 g / 2 1/2 cups cooled mashed potatoes
- 90 g / 3/4 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 64 g / 1/2 cup flour
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 g / 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 g / 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped chives
- Sour cream
- Melt 28 g (2 tbsp) Mirage margarine in a small frying pan over medium heat, add garlic and salt, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is soft and fragrant. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Melt remaining margarine and liberally coat a 24 mini muffin tin with it.
- In a large bowl stir together mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, flour, sour cream, chives, eggs, and cooled garlic; mix well. Divide approximately 38 g / 2 tbsp mixture between prepared muffin tin, top each potato bite with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 23-27 minutes, or until tops are golden and crispy.
- Let cool slightly then carefully remove from tin and garnish with a sprinkle of chives and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Make them loaded potato bites by stirring 60 g / 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon into the potato mixture.
- Make an easy, but tasty, dipping sauce by stirring together 6 g / 2 tbsp minced chives and 125 ml / 1/2 cup of sour cream, season to taste with salt and pepper.