Take it to the next level with this simple yet beautiful Maple Pear Ginger Loaf. Adding sliced pear on top is an easy way to decorate your loaf and impress your guests. Baking with Mirage also helps your family benefit from omega-3 fatty. Another good reason to try this loaf tonight!
Yield: one 9 x 5 inch loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 to 70 minutes
- 250 g / 2 cups all purpose flour
- 9 g / 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 5 g / 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 g / 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 113 g / 1/2 cup Mirage Margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 67 g / 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 30 ml / 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 282 g / 2 cups bosc pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 37 g / 1/4 cup candied ginger, diced small
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced (skin on)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch (23 x 13 centimetre) loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, maple syrup, melted Mirage Margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Add in the flour mixture to the maple batter. Stir until flour is just moistened and combined with the batter, do not overmix as this will yield a tough loaf. Gently fold in the diced pears and candied ginger.
6. Arrange and overlap sliced pears on top of the batter.
8. Allow loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding. Carefully lift the loaf out of the pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- For a more caramelized flavour substitute the regular sugar with dark brown sugar. This will create a darker crumb.
- Chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit can be used in place of the candied ginger, if desired.