Indulge in a bit of magic with our Fairy Shortbread Bites! These bite-sized treats are made with a traditional shortbread dough infused with a hint of vanilla and decorated with colourful sprinkles. The perfect treat for any occasion, these fairy shortbread bites are sure to delight both young and old alike.
Our recipe for fairy shortbread bites is easy to follow and requires minimal ingredients. Fairy shortbread bites are perfect for birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion. You can also make them with your kids as a fun activity and let them decorate the bites with their favourite sprinkles.
The magical fairy shortbread bites make a great gift for friends and family. So why not add a little magic to your next baking session and make a batch of these delicious fairy shortbread bites? Your taste buds will thank you!
Makes: 60 small cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook and Rest Time: 30 minutes
- 500 g / 2 1/2 cups Mirage margarine, room temperature
- 200 g / 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 500 g / 4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 250 g / 1 2/3 cup cornstarch or rice flour
- 44 ml / 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 g / 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
Magical Fairy Shortbread Bites’ Directions
1) In a large bowl, cream together the Mirage margarine, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
2) Gradually sift in the flour and cornstarch a little at a time and mix them in manually with a spatula.
3) Gently knead sprinkles into dough until just smooth. Do not overwork.
4) On a parchment lined surface, roll out the dough to 5 mm (1/4-inch) thick. Cut into your chosen shapes.
5) Transfer the dough on the parchment paper to a baking tray. Transfer the tray to the freezer. Allow to chill for 20 minutes to rest dough.
6) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
7) Bake shortbread on parchment lined baking sheets for 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Feel free to add a zest of one lemon, or a tablespoon of crushed dried lavender flowers to flavour your magical fairy shortbread bites.