We’re a huge fan of wholesome classics. One of these classics is Hollandaise Sauce, which can be served as a delicious addition to your next batch of eggs benny, or even served with a steak for a tangy and flavourful weeknight dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 3 large egg yolks
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp water
- 227 g / 1 cup Mirage margarine
- 2 g / 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- A few drops of hot sauce
1. Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch (2.5 centimetres) of water and bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
2. Place egg yolks, lemon juice, and water in a medium heatproof bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Remove yolk mixture from heat.
5. Melt Mirage margarine in a small sauce pan, or in the microwave.
6. Stir warm margarine a few times, and begin adding to the yolks very slowly, while continuing to whisk. After the first third of the margarine is added, the rest can be poured faster.
- If hollandaise splits (curdles) when adding the margarine, place 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) of boiled water into a blender. Turn onto medium speed and slowly add the broken sauce. It will quickly come back together.