Polenta is a versatile dish that can be a rich and creamy side, or set and cut into different shapes and used either as burger buns, or finished with various toppings and served as hors d’oeuvres. Really you can do whatever you want and have fun with it.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1,419 ml / 6 cups chicken or beef stock
- 16 g / 2 tsp salt
- 275 g / 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 120 g / 8 tbsp Mirage margarine
1. Prepare a 22×22 cm / 9×9 inch baking pan by taking 3 tablespoons of Mirage margarine and greasing the bottom and all sides.
2. Bring 6 cups of stock to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add 3 tablespoons Mirage margarine, and stir until melted.
- You can variate the liquid by using half cream and half water, or just water, or even vegetable stock for a meatless version.