Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the topping:
- 50g / 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 35g / 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 14g / 1 tbsp Mirage margarine, softened
For the pie:
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skimmed milk
- 55g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine
- 3 eggs
- 100g / 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 65g / 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2g / 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2g / 3/4 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180C).
2. Grease the inside of the pie plate with Mirage margarine.
3. In small bowl, mix the topping ingredients together and set aside.
9. Serve reheated with a little whipped cream or your favourite ice cream.
- The secret to this delicious, moist pie is that the flour in the mixture acts as a binder, holding the pie together. The flour that is on the outside edges of the pie, become caramelized and act as a crust.
- Make mini pumpkin pies by baking the batter in a greased muffin tin. Allow the pies to cool for about 20 minutes, before turning them out onto a resting rack to fully cool.