Popcorn is one of those classic snacks that everyone loves, and is so versatile you can make almost any flavour combination with it. For this recipe, we decided to have a little fun with sprinkles to bring out our inner child.
Makes: 4 cups of popcorn
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 70 g / 1/3 cup popping corn (unpopped)
- 115 g / 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- 2 ml / 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 56 g / 1/4 cup nonpareils sprinkles (hundreds and thousands, rainbow round sprinkles)
- Heat coconut oil and 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of Mirage in a medium sized heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add a few popcorn kernels, cover the pan and let it heat up. When one kernel pops, add 1/3 cup (75 grams) of uncooked popcorn kernels and cover the pan. Shake the pan a little to spread the kernels in an even layer. Let the kernels pop for several minutes until the pan is full and the popping slows down, shake the pan often. Remove from heat and transfer popcorn to a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate and remaining 2 tbsp (28 grams) of Mirage in the microwave on low, checking often.
- Stir the vanilla into the melted white chocolate. Gently pour over the popcorn and shake the bowl to distribute. Add the sprinkles and stir well (use your hands if necessary) and continue to shake the bowl/stir until all is distributed.
- The popcorn will hold into clusters as it sits so if you don’t plan to serve it immediately, spread onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper to let it set. Store in an airtight container.
- Use almond, or orange oil to change up the flavour profile.