What do these Corn Dog Bites and ferris wheels have in common? They both remind us of the local county fair! These snacks are perfect for sharing with the entire family, and make for a down home reminder of warm summer evenings on the fairgrounds.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 48 mini muffins
- 125 g / 1 cup all purpose flour
- 217 g / 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 25 g / 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 g / 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 g / 1 tsp salt
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 g / 1/2 tsp pepper
- 160 ml / 2/3 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 75 g / 1/3 cup Mirage margarine, melted and cooled
- 85g / 1 cup shredded Monterey or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 120 g / 4 hot dogs, cut into 1/2″ (1.3 cm) squares
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (190°C). Grease mini-muffin tin, or line tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt, chili powder, and pepper.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed. Stir in the melted Mirage margarine.
- If desired, use veggie dogs or sausage instead of hot dogs.
- If you like spice, add in a finely chopped jalapeño!