Snickerdoodles are a cookie characterized by a cracked surface and a soft chewy interior.
Traditionally they’re rolled in cinnamon sugar, but we’re stepping up our cookie game by swapping the cinnamon for a touch of chai spice and white chocolate chips.
Makes: 20-24 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
For the Dough:
- 300 g / 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 15 g / 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 310 g / 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 g / 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 220 g / 1 cup Mirage margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 130 g / 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
For the Chai Topping:
- 50 g / 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 g / 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 g / 1/8 tsp ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C).
2. Combine ingredients for the topping in a shallow dish and set aside.
9. Let the cookies rest for about 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you don’t like chai, you can use plain sugar as a topping, or a mix of sugar and cinnamon.