The most delicious of breakfast treats, a Dutch Baby is a sweet and simple creation that exists somewhere between a pancake and a crepe. We’ve added an extra element to this breakfast staple: blueberries! It’s a perfectly sweet addition to this already luxurious recipe. Spread the love and pass the maple syrup!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 71 g / 5 tbsp Mirage margarine, divided
- 95 g / 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 180 ml / 3/4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 50 g / 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 g / 2 tsp lemon zest
- 5 ml / 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 155 g / 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 g / 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a small heatproof bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of Mirage margarine until melted; set aside to cool.
2. Using a hand or conventional blender combine the flour, milk, eggs, salt, sugar, vanilla, melted Mirage margarine and lemon zest. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Allow batter to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Carefully (it will be extremely hot) remove the pan from the oven and place over medium-high heat. Add remaining 3 tablespoons of Mirage margarine to the pan and melt until foamy. Add blueberries and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Cook the Blueberry Dutch Baby on your outdoor grill! Pre-heat the grill with the lid closed and the skillet inside until it reaches 450°F (230°C). Melt the Mirage margarine in the pan and cook the blueberries as instructed. Pour in the batter and cook with the lid closed for about 20 minutes, checking the Dutch Baby after 10 minutes and then every few minutes until puffed and golden.
- Batter can be prepared the night before and stored in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Try raspberries, sliced strawberries or peaches, instead of blueberries.