Baked zucchini fries are a perfect replacement for deep fried french fries. You’ll be surprised at how delicious and addictive these are. Make a big batch and eat them straight out of the oven.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 900 g / approximately 6 small zucchini, cleaned and bottom ends trimmed and cut lengthwise in thin long slices
- 3 large egg whites
- 56 g / 4 tbsp Mirage margarine, melted and separated
- 140 g / 2 cups panko breadcrumbs, lightly crushed
- 5 g / 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 62 g / 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ (190℃). Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the egg whites and remaining 3 tablespoons (42 grams) of the melted Mirage margarine.
- In a separate shallow baking dish, combine the panko bread crumbs, chopped fresh thyme, and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each zucchini piece in the egg and Mirage margarine mixture until it’s thoroughly coated and then press the spear into the breading mixture. Transfer the breaded zucchini to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining zucchini fries, spacing them about 1″ (2.5 cm) apart on the baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle zucchini pieces with remaining Mirage margarine. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
- These go well with a tasty aioli or ranch dressing