Making bread isn’t hard! It also no longer requires hours of arm workouts to knead. This no-knead method of bread making will have you eating fresh, warm buns fresh out of the oven in no time! Use these buns for your next BBQ, or slice them and fill them with garlic spread and cheese.
65 gm / ⅓ cup Mirage Margarine, melted
543 gm / 4¼ cup Bread Flour
400 ml / 1¾ cup Milk, cold
6 gm / 2 tsp Yeast, dry active
12 gm / 1 tbsp Honey
12 gm / 1 tbsp Salt
Poppy seeds for garnishing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour with the milk, melted Mirage Margarine, yeast, honey, and salt. Using a large wooden spoon, combine the mixture begins to come together.
- Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead together into a ball.
- Place the dough into a bowl that is lined with Mirage Margarine. Cover with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter and give it a knead for about 2 minutes. Yeast can not move on its own, so through the kneading dough you help the yeast move around and find fresh flour to feed off of.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and cover for another 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, three more times, for a total of 4 kneading sessions.
- Place the dough back into the greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove the dough from the refrigerator, and let it come up to room temperature. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. With your hand cupped around the dough, roll each piece into a ball on the counter. Roll until the outside is smooth. If the dough is too wet, add a little more flour to the counter.
- Place rolled dough balls onto a lined baking sheet, and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Pre-heat oven to 450F(260C).
- Place the baking tray in a warm place and allow the dough to double in size.
- To make the egg wash combine the egg with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl, whisking to blend.
- Uncover the dough and, using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each bun with the egg wash. Generously top with poppy seeds
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, the sides are firm to the touch, and the bottoms are golden brown. If you have a thermometer, the center temperature should be about 212F(100C).
- Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool immediately.
- These buns work great for burgers, or sandwiches.
- If you’re not going to use them right away, allow them to cool completely and store them in the freezer, wrapped in plastic for up to 3 weeks.