This classic French-Canadian dessert is perfect during sugar-shack season!
112 g / 1/2 cup Mirage Margarine
60 g / 1 cup brown sugar
5 ml / 1 cup boiling water
250 ml / 1 cup maple syrup
260 g / 1 1/2 cups all-purpose ﬂour, sifted
2 g / 1 tsp baking powder
57 g / 1/4 cup of Mirage Margarine
200 g / 1 cup of granulated sugar
250 ml / 1 cup of milk
a pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F(160°C).
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Put aside.
- In another bowl, cream the Mirage Margarine with a hand mixer, and gradually incorporate the sugar until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. Make sure to scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add in 1/4 of the milk and the flour. Mix well, and repeat until out of milk- it’s important to make sure to end with the addition of flour.
- With a bit of Mirage Margarine, grease a 13 x 9 inch rectangular pan, and fill with cake batter. Put aside.
- In a casserole, mix the Mirage Margarine, the maple syrup, the brown sugar and the boiling water. Bring to boiling point and let simmer for 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce onto the cake batter, making sure not to mix!
- Cook at 325° for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with a bit of vanilla ice cream!
For the Cake
For the Sauce4>