Makes: icing for 12 cupcakes, or for one double layer cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
- 400 g / 3 cups powdered sugar
- 76 g / 1/3 cup Mirage margarine, softened
- 30 g / 1/3 cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- 28 g / 4 tbsp cocoa
- 7 g / 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 ml / 2 tbsp milk
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Lay coconut evenly on baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar and margarine with electric mixer on low speed in a medium bowl until fluffy and light. Slowly stir in vanilla and one tablespoon of the milk.
- Add the rest of the milk gradually to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, adding a little bit at a time.
- If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Fold two-thirds of the toasted coconut into the frosting, reserving the rest for sprinkling on top of your frosted baked good.
- Use as desired.
- In order to make the frosting more manageable when decorating cupcakes, keep the mixture in your piping bag in the fridge for 30 minutes before beginning to pipe.