Shortbread with fairy dust, or sprinkles as we mere mortals call them. These cookies will melt in your mouth.
Makes: 60 small cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook and Rest Time: 30 minutes
- 500 g / 2 1/2 cups Mirage margarine, room temperature
- 200 g / 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 500 g / 4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 250 g / 1 2/3 cup cornstarch or rice flour
- 44 ml / 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 g / 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream together the Mirage margarine, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Gradually sift in the flour and cornstarch a little at a time and mix them in manually with a spatula.
- Gently knead sprinkles into dough until just smooth. Do not overwork.
- On a parchment lined surface, roll out the dough to 5 mm (1/4-inch) thick. Cut into your chosen shapes.
- Transfer the dough on the parchment paper to a baking tray. Transfer the tray to the freezer. Allow to chill for 20 minutes to rest dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake shortbread on parchment lined baking sheets for 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Feel free to add a zest of one lemon, or a tablespoon of crushed dried lavender flowers to flavour your shortbread.