We like to keep this Roasted Root Vegetable recipe on hand at all times. It truly makes for the perfect side to any family dinner. Sweet potatoes, beets, carrots and parsnips – the best part of this recipe is that it’s fully customizable. Add or substitute your favourite vegetables however you please. Master the essentials with Mirage!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 880 g / 2 large sweet potato, washed, peeled, and cut into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 620 g / 4 medium beets, washed, peeled, and cut into 1 in (2.5 cm) inch pieces
- 600 g / 6 medium carrots, washed, peeled, and cut diagonally into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 590 g / 6 medium parsnips, washed, peeled, and cut diagonally into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 27 g / 6 whole garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- 43 g / 3 tbsp Mirage margarine, melted
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 g / 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 4 g / 2 tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 6 g / 1 tsp salt
- 2 g / 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 g / 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato, beets, carrots, parsnips and garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the melted Mirage margarine and balsamic vinegar over the root vegetables. Toss to coat all the vegetables with the Mirage margarine and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the roughly chopped rosemary and the thyme over the vegetables; toss again.
- Spread the vegetables onto the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, oregano, basil and black pepper. Evenly sprinkle the seasoning over the root vegetables.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and edges are browned.
- Feel free to add or substitute additional root vegetables to the mix, such as: rutabaga, celeriac root, fennel, onions.
- Try apple cider vinegar, or freshly squeezed lemon juice, instead of balsamic vinegar.