50 gm / 1/4 cup Cornmeal
250 gm / 1 1/2 cup Almond ﬂour
15 gm / 2 tbsp Corn starch
225 gm / 1 cup Mirage Margarine, melted
2 gm / 1 tsp Baking powder
5 gm / 2 tsp Salt
200 gm / 1 cup Sugar
1 Lemon, juiced, seeds removed
250 ml / 1 cup Apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Prepare an 8” to 10” cake pan by rubbing the sides and bottom with Mirage Margarine, then lining the bottom with a parchment circle cut to ﬁt the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted Mirage Margarine, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cornmeal, almond ﬂour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, folding with a spatula just until combined.
- Fill the cake pan and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- The cake is done when the top springs back to the touch, doesn’t wiggle and has an even golden crust.
- Turn the cake out of the pan onto a cooling rack after it has rested for 30 minutes but is still warm.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, gently spread the apricot jam across the top of the cake.
- Allow the cake to rest with jam for at least 1 hour before serving, to allow the ﬂavour to soak into the cake.
- This cake works well as a full dessert, served with a side of greek yogurt and fresh sliced apricots.