The secret behind the creamy melt-in-your-mouth texture of these dark chocolate truffles? Ricotta cheese and peanut butter.
Makes: 8-10 truffles
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cool Times: 1 hour
- 76 g / 1/2 cup 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 16 g / 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 15 g / 2 tbsp full fat ricotta
- 15 g / 2 tbsp Mirage margarine
- 40 g / 1/3 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- pinch of Maldon salt
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 15 second intervals.
- While the chocolate is still warm, stir in the nut butter and mix until combined. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix ricotta and margarine into the chocolate mixture and refrigerate for an hour until the mixture starts to solidify.
- Working with approximately 1 tablespoon at a time, hand form the truffles, roll in unsweetened cocoa powder, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you can’t find 60% cocoa chocolate chips, replace them with finely chopped chocolate.