These delicious personal broccoli souffles are perfect for both casual and gussied-up dinners.
Makes: 4 souffles
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 60 g / 1/4 cup Mirage margarine
- 30 g / 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp powdered mustard
- 250 ml / 1 cup whole milk
- 30 g / 1/4 cup gouda cheese
- 30 g / 1/4 cup havarti cheese
- 30 g / 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 125 g / 3/4 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- Coat the inside of four ramekins with Mirage margarine. It’s very important to make sure that the ramekins are well greased. It helps the souffle to rise and prevents sticking. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium pot set over low heat, heat and stir the Mirage margarine, flour, salt, and powdered mustard until combined. Cook, whisking constantly, for five minutes.
- Add whole milk to the pot, bring mixture to a boil for one minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Add egg yolks and broccoli to cooled cheese mixture.
- In three additions, add egg whites to the cheese and broccoli mixture. Fold carefully with a rubber spatula.
- Separate the mixture amongst the four ramekins. Place ramekins on a parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake until puffy and risen, about 30 minutes.
- Only use the cleanest utensils and bowls when whipping egg whites, otherwise they won’t fluff up to their maximum vlume. To ensure utensils are properly cleaned, wipe them with vinegar.