Craving a slice of truly amazing banana bread? Make it extra special with a swirl of chocolate hazelnut spread!
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55-70 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Mirage margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus a little more to flour the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of your favourite chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a 8 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with Mirage margarine, then dust thoroughly with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and bananas with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs and margarine and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Combine with an electric mixer set to low speed just until the batter is smooth.
- Take half of the batter and put in a separate medium-sized bowl. Combine with 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread and mix well. If your spread is too stiff, soften in the microwave for 10 seconds or until it loosens.
- Place alternating dollops of the batters in the prepared loaf pan, and use a butter knife to swirl the batters together for a marble effect.
- Bake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Try to find ripe bananas. If you can’t, put bananas in a paper bag with an apple or tomato to speed up the ripening process.
- Do not whip the batter, or the banana bread will be dry. Keep your mixer at a moderate speed.